No matter how much we diet and exercise, few of us will rarely be happy with how all angles of our bodies look in the mirror. It is common to have stubborn areas of fat that will not go away, especially on our upper thighs and around our waist. We can spend hours in the gym sweating on the Stairmaster and eat kale every night for dinner with our grilled chicken and green juice but sometimes an alternative solution is needed to make us truly feel happy and confident in our own skin. Technology has come to our rescue with the invention of fat freezing, a process that allows cold suction panels and a gel applied to the surface of the skin to freeze away fat cells that are then eliminated by our body’s lymphatic system. Fat freezing makes what was once impossible possible as it allows us to spot treat areas of fat on our bodies.
I personally have been blessed with the gift of a flat stomach, but when I turn around in the mirror my thighs are a different story. My upper hamstrings were gifted with something lovingly labeled in fitness culture as “banana rolls” that no amount of diet or heavy cardio and lifting exercise have yet been able to dissolve. I know that my diet and love for occasional fried chicken indulgences is to blame, but I digress. My appointment with the lovely Dr. Lupin will dissolve that area of chub along with any self-conscious thoughts the next time I’m in a bikini.
My visit to her cozy office @yfwellness in Brooklyn was wonderful and I felt at home the moment I stepped in. I was welcomed with champagne and a delicious fruit and cheese platter while I chatted with the office staff about the rainy weather outside and how I had come to the right place to treat myself and escape the cold. After a brief tour led by Dr. Lupin herself, we proceeded to the examination room where she asked me a few brief questions and took my measurements. I later laid face down in the reclining chair where the treatment would take place and a cool gel-like cloth was placed on my upper thighs. The purpose of this cold material is to protect the skin from the suction action of the machine and help increase the cold intensity and therefore the effectiveness of the treatment. The treatment as a whole lasted 50 minutes because both legs were treated at the same time. Here are some things you should know before pursuing a fat freezing treatment:
- The results are not immediate since the treatment works with the body’s lymphatic system it takes time to see a visible size reduction
- The first five minutes of the treatment is not painful but rather uncomfortable as the suction is strong and the area is not numbed by the cold yet, remember to be patient and strong because the results will be worth it
- If there is any bruising in the area it should last 48 hours maximum so keep this in mind before making weekend plans that may require shorts or sleeveless tops
- An ideal candidate for the treatment is already 20-30 pounds from their goal weight, this treatment is effective but can’t make drastic changes in a short period of time
- This treatment has no downtime and participants can return to work, school, or the gym that day
I’m very happy with this treatment and highly recommend you seek Dr. Lupin at Young Forever Aesthetics to try it for yourself and increase your confidence. Remember to follow me on social media for more beauty treatment and business recommendations @Beautytraducida